At Clínica Tambre we provide a free psychological support service. Dr. Silvia Moreno Golmar will attend to those patients undergoing assisted reproduction treatment who are in need of some type of emotional support.
In this unit we address the following issues:
- Anxiety and depression are common emotional states amongst couples with fertility problems.
- The couple’s relationship and sex life may be affected.
- One of the most difficult times: the “Beta-wait.”
- Gamete donation.
- Assisted reproduction and new families.
Sexuality is a source of pleasure in relationships that, if altered, could affect the couple’s bond and growth and even the reproductive aspect of the relationship.
In many cases, the cause of sexual dysfunction (inability to perform sex in a pleasurable way) is either organic or medical.
In others, psychological factors such as anxiety, stress, depression, etc., may be behind it.
That’s why at Tambre we have a multidisciplinary team of gynaecologists, urologists, endocrinologists, psychologists, and sexologists that work together to solve any problems that may arise in a couple’s sex life.
In relationships we face a number of different problems. Many are temporary, but if those problems become rooted they may cause a rift between the couple and feelings of isolation.
Couple therapy is aimed at achieving different goals:
- Establishing a solid therapeutic relationship with the couple.
- Assessing individual factors that cause and perpetuate problems.
- Agreeing on the goals the couple wishes to achieve during treatment.
- Designing a treatment plan adapted to the couple’s needs.
Ultimately, the main objective is to teach both partners how to fix and resolve potential future conflicts without any outside help.