¿What is the ICSI?
In-Vitro Fertilisation with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) is an assisted reproduction technique that allows for an egg to be fertilised by injecting it with a single spermatozoon. Once fertilised, the egg develops into a pre-embryo and it is then transferred to the uterus where it will continue to develop. Today, nearly 90% of IVF treatments are done using the ICSI technique.
Who is it recommended for?
For ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) treatment, only one spermatozoon is needed per egg, which means that this treatment is especially recommended for:
What will your IVF treatment with ICSI be like?
An IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) treatment using ICSI (intracytoplasmic microinjection) is an assisted reproduction technique that allows an egg to be fertilised by microinjecting a single sperm. Once fertilised, the egg becomes a pre-embryo and is transferred into the uterus for further development. See the step-by-step treatment below.
What is needed to perform this technique?
What happens after the transfer?
Vitrification of the remaining embryos
After the embryo transfer is complete, the untransferred embryos will be frozen and stored in the embryo bank, clearly labelled for easy identification. These high-quality embryos can be used in subsequent cycles. Ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval will not be necessary for future treatments.
Currently, in Clínica Tambre fertilisation is performed using ICSI in approximately 97% of the cases and the remaining 3% by conventional IVF. It is a technique widely used in Assisted Reproduction centres and offers very good results with a fertilisation rate of approx. 80-90%.
After the in vitro fertilisation, the generated embryos are left in the culture until they are transferred to the uterus.